Skip to content
July 3rd – July 10th 2019.
- 2017- : PhD in Music Pedagogy, Charles University, Prague (ongoing).
- 2010-2012: MMus Dip RAM, Distinction, Royal Academy of Music, London.
- 2006-2010: BMus Hons. First Class, Royal Academy of Music, London.
- 2003-2006: Prague Conservatory of Music (A levels).
- 1999-2003: Music Department of the Gymnasium of J. Neruda in Prague.
- 1992-1999: Prague Municipal Music School.
Scholarships and Awards:
- Trinity Laban Richard Carne Trust Junior Fellow 2013-14
- Royal Academy of Music Leverhulme Fellow 2012-13
- 2nd Prize in Karol Szymanowski International String Quartet Competition, 2014.
- 3rd Prize in Trondheim International Chamber Music Competition, 2013.
- 1st Prize in St. Martin in-the-Fields Chamber Music Competition, London 2013.
- Tillett Trust recipient (2013).
- Park Lane Group scheme recipient (2013).
- Maisie Lewis Young Artists’ Fund 2013 recipient – Worshipful Company of Musicians.
- Hattori Foundation recipient (2013 & 2014).
- Concordia Foundation recipient (2013).
- Philharmonia MMSF Chamber Award (2012).
- Live Music Now Scheme (2012).
- 1st Prize in Val Tidone International Chamber Music Competition, Italy (2011).
- 1st Prize in the Talents for Europe International Competition.
- At Royal Academy: Harold Craxton Prize; Marjorie Bunty Lempfert Award; Rowsby Woof Prize; John Mundy Gift.
- VIZE97 Scholarship.
Private Study and Course Study:
- Rainer Schmidt (2014 – 2016) Hochschule für Musik Basel.
- Gunter Pichler (2013 – 2014) Escuela Superior de Música Reina Sofía, Madrid.
- Jack Liebeck (2010 – 2012) Royal Academy of Music.
- Maurice Hasson (2006 – 2010) Royal Academy of Music.
- Jindřich Pazdera (1999 – 2006) Prague Conservatory.
- Magdalena Micková (1992 – 1999) Prague Municipal Music School.
- Sub Principal (2018- ): First Violin, Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Extra work (2013- ): First Violin, Philharmonia Orchestra.
- Extra work (2017- ): Second Violin, Royal Northern Sinfonia.
- Section Principal Trial (2017-2018 ): Second Violin, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra.
- Extra work (2017-2018 ): First Violin, Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Trial (2013-2015): First Violin Tutti, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra.
Teaching and Outreach:
- The Yehudi Menuhin School, Assistant Violin Teacher, 2017 – present.
- London Russian Music School, Chamber Music and Violin Tutor, 2017 – 2018.
- Purcell School Chamber Teacher Academy Tutor, 2015 – present.
- String Quartet Tutorials during fellowship at Trinity Laban 2014.
- String Quartet Tutorials during fellowship at Royal Academy of Music, 2013.
- 2009 – Teaching Diploma LRAM – Royal Academy of Music.
- Live Music Now! 2013 – 2018, including tour of Yorkshire working in special educational needs Schools.
- Private teaching experience on all ages, 2006 – present.
Performer (Chamber Music):
- First violin and co-founder of the Jubilee Quartet (from 2006).
- Performances of Mendelssohn and Shostakovich String Octets with Doric String Quartet in Festpiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (2016) and Leamington Music International String Quartet Series(2017).
- Concert tours around the Czech Republic, Italy, Spain, Austria and Poland with the Jubilee Quartet (2008-present).
- Jubilee Quartet has performed in the UK at Wigmore Hall, King’s Place, Purcell Room,
Conway Hall, St. James’ Piccadilly, St. John’s Smith Square.
- Performances of Chausson Concerto for Violin, Piano and String Quartet with Liebeck and Katya Apekisheva in Purcell Room (2012).
- Piano trio performances in the USA during Meadowmount Summer Music.
- Jubilee Quartet Official Website
- Jubilee Quartet Official Facebook
- Duo with Josef Suk and Prague Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra in Prague Rudolfinum.
- Performance with the world-renowned violinist Vaclav Hudecek and Orchestra Barocco
sempre giovane, Prague, Karolinum.
- 2002 concert for Slovak TV in Bratislava.
- Opening recital at Talents for Europe (International Violin Competition).
- Prague Spring International Festival recital in 2008.
- Regularly performs at festivals such a “Touches of Music” and “Podblanicky Podzim”, Czech Republic; also concerts at the Czech Embassy, London.
Chamber Music Coaching and Masterclasses:
- Maxim Vengerov; Zakhar Bron; Hatto Beyerle, Gunter Pichler, Gerhard Schultz, Valentin Erben (Alban Berg Quartet); Rainer Schmidt (Hagen Quartet); Thomas Brandis (Brandis Quartet); Silvia Rosenberg; Hartmut Rohde; Charles Avsharian; Garfield Jackson (Endellion Quartet); Martin Outram (Maggini Quartet); John Thorn (Badke Quartet); Škampa Quartet; Ebene Quartet; Vanburgh Quartet; Wihan Quartet.